Monday, February 22, 2010

2-20-10

I had Eric, Todd, and Craig back with me again today and boy did we have a good time. After being off of the water for a few weeks, it sure felt good to be back out there. The reports lately have been poor and I told them not to come because it had been so slow but they wouldn't take no for an answer and now I am glad that they wouldn't. I went out Fri. evening to catch bait and do a little scouting with the electronics and saw some encouraging signs. I told them to meet me at 6:00 so we could get an early start and that is what we did. We left out in the dark and went by GPS to the spot that I had marked the previous afternoon and no sooner than I got all of the rods out, we had a fish on. To make a long story short, they filled the box in less than one hour. They boated 30 fish weighing in at 402 pounds for the day and released 214 pounds of fish unharmed. They have another trip planned in May and I can only hope that it will be half as good as today was.